[Samba] Difference between samba 3.0.10 and 3.0.9

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon Sep 11 20:02:50 GMT 2006

I upgraded one of my samba servers.  I am using the same smb.conf
file that work on samba 3.0.9, but the "new" server is not announcing
itself.

 From the network neighborhood, across a subnet, I do not see
SERVERNAME listed under the workgroup DEPT.

	I have disabled selinux.  I have the same iptables enabled on this
system as on the prior system and another system  still running samba
3.0.9.

smbclient  -L SERVERNAME -N
Server			Comment
--------			--------------
SERVERNAME	Server for the dept.

Workgroup		Master
---------------		------------
DEPT

In /var/samba/nmbd.log  there is a line after SERVERNAME has become
the logon server

nmbd/nmbd_logonames.c:become_logon_server_success(124)
    become_logon_server_success:  Samba is now a logon server for
workgroup DEPT on subnet 128.148.nnn.nnn
***glibc detected  *** free():  invalid next size (fast):  0x090874c8
***

Port 515  is open  on the 3.0.9 system although it is not listed in
iptables.
Port 515 is not open on the 3.0.10 system.

Any ideas on how to debug the problem?