[Samba] More on the archive bit saga

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Sep 11 21:12:39 GMT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 05:07:18PM -0400, Aaron Kincer wrote:
> Duh, DOS thinks the file with the ACL set is a system file. I don't see
> the part in getfacl that says anything about that and I specifically
> gave it 660 using chmod. It is NOT a system file, but Samba is telling
> DOS it is.

Have you set "map system = no" ? If you have, what does the
extended attribute on the file say ?

Have you tried using attrib -s file, then looking at the
extended attribute with getfattr ? ACLs are nothing to do
with this if you have map system = no.

Attributes are stored in the extended attribute user.DOSATTRIB

Jeremy.