[Samba] smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Fri Sep 8 08:28:55 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have some little problems with samba 3.0.23c.

A client open a excel file (office 2000), modify it and save it.
After the office 2000 have saved the file, he display a message box with
the message :

"file correclty saved but he cannot reopened because the memory is too
short."

If I look the ACL, the owner of file , the ACL is changed to read only and
in samba log file, I can read :

[2006/09/08 09:59:23, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_open(1009)
  smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..

If I change the ACL correctly, the user will have no problem.

what happening ?

thanks

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467