[Samba] Usershare parameters

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 8 00:43:04 GMT 2006

  Sorry for the return of this topic, but I try this configuration, and
I have a new problem.

[global]
usershare path = /etc/samba/usershares
usershare max shares = 10

usershare allow guests = no
usershare owner only = no

usershare prefix allow list =
/cybionet/dump;/cybionet/workspace;/cybionet/applications
; usershare prefix deny list =
usershare template share = template

[template]
force user = foo

If I enable 'usershare template share' parameter all the usershares get
down. To have the problem use the above configuration, and create a
share definition with the 'path' and 'comment' only (It is not important
if you have full definition). If you try to access all work perfertly.
Now create a second definition share but with the path only (forget the
comment). The windows client pop you a error if you try to access one of
these.

And yes the foo user exist. It is a environment test :-)