[Samba] smbmount and smbumount

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:15:49 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 and Samba 3.0.22 provided by default.

I mounted a samba share:

  smbmount //testpc/folder  /home/myuser/folder  -o username=....,passwd=....

it mounted successfully.

If I do the 'mount' command, I see the samba mounted folder on my mounts.

I did some operations and then umounted it:

  smbumount /home/myuser/folder

The 'mount' command shows me that the folder isn't mounted,

BUT:

I can see inside it and do file operations. The folder isn't umounted.
And I cannot umount it because it is not in mount list anymore.

Any suggestions?