[Samba] Usershare parameters

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 5 02:53:25 GMT 2006

Greeting,

  I set usershare max shares to 10, and then with an user (and with
different user)  I add 15 shares definition . When I use the net
usershare list -l , I see all the 15 usershares and can access to these
shares with a Windows client. A difference with your example in the
documentation, I use ACL(EA) to authorize a group of user to add share
definitions.

  I have read the majority of documentation about usershare, and in the
one in the smb.conf, I can read 'All other share parameters not
specified in the user defined share definition are copied from this
named share.' Then how it is work?

usershare template share
              Names a pre-existing share used as a template for
creating  new
              usershares. All other share parameters not specified in
the user
              defined share definition are copied from this named share.

Thank you for your help. The usershare is a great parameter and like to
understand how to use it perfectly.

Robert