[Samba] Roaming profiles errors and shares not disconnecting

Miguel Da Silva - Servicio de Informát Miguel Da Silva - Servicio de Informát
Mon Sep 4 12:38:42 GMT 2006

Philippe LAUGET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Samba 3.0.22 on FreeBSD 5.5 PDC with ldap backend and
> roaming profiles.
>
> We meet some difficulties when users logout from some Windows 2000 SP4
> clients, and storing their profiles back to the Samba server.
>
> The file NTUSER.DAT seems to be uploaded and stored in lowercase, as
> ntuser.dat.
> Then, when users try to reopen a win session, they get a corrupted new
> profile. This new profile is fully broken, since it's not possible to
> modify any options that affect NTUSER.DAT.

I have a similar problem... same Windows version, same Samba version.
According to smb.conf man page, the default option to "preserve case" is
"yes".

Some times the problem is even more anoying, an user logs in in an
Windows station, do whatever he/she wants and logs off. Everything seems
go fine, but then when the user logs in again he/she can't, for example,
print anymore.

I think the biggest problem is that people look at me and say "Why I can
not print? I've just printed 2 minutes ago". The "solution"? Erase the
old profile and create a new one, but... I have to configure everything
again (mail client, browser, back-up the files, etc, etc).

I thought once it could be an Ethernet problem (I mean, a physical
network problem), but it's not :(

Any hints?

--
Miguel Da Silva.