[Samba] Samba 3.0.23b RPM packages for all SUSE Linux products (was: Samba 3.0.23c Available for Download)

Lars Müller lmuelle at suse.de
Fri Sep 1 14:36:27 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 04:27:38PM +0200, Rory Vieira wrote:
> Just a side question to this:
>
> >Supported SUSE Linux based products are at the moment SUSE Linux 9.1,
> >9.2, 9.3, 10.0, 10.1, UnitedLinux 1/ SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
> >8, SLES 9 and 10, and factory (= the currently developed product).
>
> Why was 9.0 dropped anyway? I can't remember any releases since 3.20
> something....

Soon after SUSE no longer provides security updates for a product we
stop to provide packages for this old versions.  Else the Novell Samba
Team would create a wrong picture security wise.

Ooops.  The announcement above is therefore wrong regarding the security
supported products.  Version 9.1 recently reached the end of life and
therfore I expect the 3.0.23c RPM release will be the last for this one.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team