[Samba] Samba 3.0.23b RPM packages for all SUSE Linux products (was: Samba 3.0.23c Available for Download)

Lars Müller lmuelle at suse.de
Fri Sep 1 14:21:05 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:08:24AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
[ 8< ]
> Binary packages are available at
>
> 	http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

RPM packages of Samba 3.0.23c for all SUSE Linux products are available
at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/ or
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/

Supported SUSE Linux based products are at the moment SUSE Linux 9.1,
9.2, 9.3, 10.0, 10.1, UnitedLinux 1/ SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
8, SLES 9 and 10, and factory (= the currently developed product).  For
some architectures - like ia64, ppc, s390(x) - you find a limited
releases subset.

The same packages are also available at
http://download.Samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/3.0/

Please use a mirror close to your site.  A list of Samba.org mirrors is
available at http://Samba.org/  There choose a mirror at the right top
of the page.

There are also a bunch of SUSE mirrors.  A list of international mirror
sites is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/int_mirrors.html
A list of mirrors in Germany is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/germ_mirrors.html

If you encounter any problem with these packages please don't blame the
Samba Team.  Instead file a bug to https://bugzilla.Samba.org/, pick
product Samba 3.0, then select 'component' Packaging and set 'assign to'
to samba-maintainers at suse dot de.  Or use http://bugzilla.Novell.com
with the same assignee instead.

For additional information - how to report bugs and which log files are
required - see http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba

Our customers, our products, our responsibility.

Have a lot of fun...

Lars - for the Novell Samba Team
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]