[Samba] ads_kinit_password failed: Preauthentication failed

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:05:04 GMT 2006

Jerry, not enough coffee yet. I see your point. Lachlan is having
trouble with the *Server* authenticating to the domain. I was talking
about *Client* authentication.

Lachlan, I had similar problems and also had to do these steps:

1) Delete the computer account for the server in Active Directory
2) Recreate the computer account for the server
3) Rejoin the domain

You could probably achieve the same with just resetting the computer
account.

Aaron Kincer