[Samba] ads_kinit_password failed: Preauthentication failed

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:48:30 GMT 2006

(forgot to reply all)

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Why do you recommend disabling SPNEGO in
> the client code?

Because of known and/or suspected compatibility issues with Windows 2003
Server SP1 and Windows 2000 Server security rollups.

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_85_5515.shtm
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_71_5787.shtm

Mind you this is just Red Hat's documented issues that may or may not
translate to other systems. I had to do it in order to get my Samba
server to complete authentication with an Active Directory domain
running on Windows 2003 Server SP1 in native mode. Your mileage may vary.

Aaron Kincer