[Samba] Excel Read only file bug back on 3.0.23x?

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 31 12:16:46 GMT 2006

Hi,

My RHEL4 machines already had oplocks disabled and the problem still occurred. Here are the entries
in smb.conf that I have for oplocks:

   # Disable oplocks since they create problems with excel files
   oplocks = no
   level2 oplocks = no

If I see the problem re-appear (as it went away after restarting samba) then I will add the "strict
locking" option to smb.conf and try that.

Diego