[Samba] problem's from Rehat to OSX

jordan halsey jhalsey at liquidad.com
Mon Oct 30 18:05:37 GMT 2006

I am a Samba newbie but I have a samba server running and connect to my
established shared directories with My PC no problem but with the other
people in the office that use Macs with OSX 10.4.8 I am having the
following problem that I cannot figure out

On the Mac side the user can connect their home directory on the Linux
Server (RedHat Enterprise 3.+ HP Proliant) that matches their user name
and password that they are using on the Mac no problem but as soon as
try to connect to any other of the shared directories it just errors
out. It is not a security issue as I have them read|write|execute
enabled and have the them listed in the smb.conf files like this

[projects]
path = /root/projects
read only = no
guest = ok