[Samba] What is the difference between 3.013 and 3.020?

Kevin Kallsen kallsen at e101.com
Mon Oct 30 20:00:07 GMT 2006

I have a basic mandriva 2006 setup with samba 3.020.

I am migrating a samba domain from the old pdc server to a new pdc server.
The old server was mandrake 2003 with samba 3.013.

I copied over the directories and etc.  even changed the sid.  But it didn't
work (the workstations cannot find the domain!)?  Is there something I need
to change in my samba.conf file?

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2006/10/30 11:47:36

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CARBYDOMAIN
        netbios aliases = FILESERVER
        server string = Samba Server %v
        map to guest = Bad User
        passwd chat = *New*Password* \%n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
        show add printer wizard = No
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
        add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /dev/null %u
        logon script = scripts\logon.bat
        logon drive = F:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 66
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        lock spin time = 15
        ldap ssl = no
        printer admin = @adm

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        path = /var/lib/samba/printers
        write list = @adm, root
        inherit permissions = Yes
        guest ok = Yes

[pdf-generator]
        comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
        path = /var/tmp
        printable = Yes

[QKBKS]
        path = /home/cabinets/QKBKS