[Samba] Samba not authenticating AD users on shares

Giuoco, Aaron AGiuoco at atlantia.com
Mon Oct 30 20:08:37 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to the Samba world, so excuse me if this is a simple question.

I have Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.9 running on a RHEL 4 install.  I have
successfully joined the server to our Windows 2003 Active Directory
domain.  I am able to authenticate users with the kinit command and
everything seems to be configured the way the Samba How-To document
outlines.

The problem I am having is that when I try to connect to one of the
shares on this server, I get a dialog box prompting for authentication.
None of the credentials I enter works.  It just continues to prompt for
authentication.  Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this
problem?  Thanks.

Aaron Giuoco
Systems Admin
Atlantia Offshore Limited