[Samba] Resolve Domain

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Sun Oct 29 16:29:03 GMT 2006

Am Sonntag 29 Oktober 2006 16:39 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> I'd also be glad for further debugging hints.
> Thanks
> Ralf

Googling on for lmhosts, I found some hints to delete wins.dat and
lmhosts.dat and then restart samba. Afterwards, the domain seems to be
found, again:

# This script is a trial to clean up SAMBA
/etc/init.d/samba stop
rm /var/cache/samba/browse.dat
rm /var/lib/samba/wins.dat
/etc/init.d/samba start

resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name SKOLELINUX<0x1d>
name_resolve_bcast: Attempting broadcast lookup for name
SKOLELINUX<0x1d>
Connecting to host=192.168.0.254
Connecting to 192.168.0.254 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=58)
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=NONE
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60890215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
name_resolve_bcast: Attempting broadcast lookup for name
__MSBROWSE__<0x1>
Got a positive name query response from 10.0.3.194 ( 10.0.3.194 )
Got a positive name query response from 10.0.3.242 ( 10.0.3.242 )
Connecting to host=10.0.3.242
Connecting to 10.0.3.242 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=16)
server didn't supply a full spnego negprot
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x608a0215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
SPNEGO login failed: Logon failure
SKOLELINUX
JHF
ARBEITSGRUPPE

Now, do I have to run that script every N hours? How can I autotrigger
it whenever the domain gets lost? How can I fix caching so the script
gets surflicious?

Cheers
Ralf