[Samba] How do I ask samba to synch database with ldap?

beast beast at ldap.or.id
Sat Oct 28 05:01:53 GMT 2006

Samba seems did not obey changes in ldap, but used its own cache database.
How do I ask samba to sync its database with ldap?
Or if its not possible, can we use "ldap_replace" instead of
"ldap_delete and ldap_add"?

root# smbpasswd -D10
smbldap_modify: dn => [uid=cpklia,ou=people,ou=cempaka,dc=mydomain,dc=com]
rebindproc_connect_with_state: Rebinding as
"cn=smbsys,ou=cempaka,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn=
uid=cpklia,ou=people,ou=cempaka,dc=mydomain,dc=com with: No such attribute
        modify/delete: sambaPwdCanChange: no such value
ldapsam_update_sam_account: failed to modify user with uid = cpklia,
error: modify/delete: sambaPwdCanChange: no such value (Success)
Failed to modify entry for user cpklia.
Failed to modify password entry for user cpklia

root# pdbedit -L -v cpklia
Logon time:           0
Logoff time:          Sat, 14 Dec 1901 03:45:51 GMT
Kickoff time:         0
Password last set:    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:21:47 GMT
Password can change:  Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:21:47 GMT
Password must change: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:21:47 GMT
Last bad password   : 0
Bad password count  : 0
Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

root# ldapsearch uid=cpklia
sambaPwdCanChange: 1161392946
sambaPwdMustChange: 1166576946

--beast