[Samba] samba problem

Wilson A. Galafassi Jr. wilson at galafassi.com.br
Thu Oct 26 13:22:43 GMT 2006

Hello.

I'm using samba as my PDC. My version is samba-3.0.21b-2 with Fedora Core 5.

I having alot of problems specially with windows 98 stations. I have a
program hosted on samba that's uses DBF database and aparently the system
freeze and stop to working on stations. I see in logs this information when
the system freeze: closed connection to service sys

My smb.conf

[global]
   workgroup = DORIGON
   netbios name = SRV
   server string = srv
   smb ports = 139
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
  cups options = raw
guest account = nobody
  log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
  unix password sync = Yes
  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

  passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
   interfaces =  eth1
local master = yes
   os level = 100
domain master = yes