[Samba] Problem mounting with credentials file

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Fri Oct 27 16:32:45 GMT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:04:12 -0600 (MDT)
Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at nacnud.com> wrote:

> > Try
> >
> > username = myusername
> > password = mypassword
> >
> > (note the whitespaces)
>
> Ethy, thank you for the reply.  That did not help my problem.
>
> "dmesg | tail" continues to show this after I try using the credentials
> option:
>
> CIFS VFS: No username specified
> CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22

errno.h says:

#define EINVAL          22      /* Invalid argument */

Please try mounting it at command line using "credentials=' options and just
after failure confirm with "echo $?" the same error code.

Also try mounting //192.168.0.2/share under a mounting point under your home
directory owned by your user (say myshare, f.i.). Does this work?

"strace -f" may also help.

regards

ethy