[Samba] Problem mounting with credentials file

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at nacnud.com
Fri Oct 27 16:04:12 GMT 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Ethy H. Brito wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:45:40 -0600 (MDT)
> Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at nacnud.com> wrote:
>

>>> CIFS VFS: No username specified
>>>
>>> The credential file looks like this:
>>> -rw-------   1 root     wheel   34 Oct  9 22:01 .smbpasswd
>>>
>>> The contents look like this:
>>> username=myusername
>>> password=mypassword
>
> Try
>
> username = myusername
> password = mypassword
>
> (note the whitespaces)

Ethy, thank you for the reply.  That did not help my problem.

"dmesg | tail" continues to show this after I try using the credentials
option:

CIFS VFS: No username specified
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22

I have moved the .smbpasswd file to the /etc directory but that did not
help.  Perhaps my CIFS is built incorrectly?

Thanks,
Jonathan