[Samba] Samba 3.0.23c Install on Solaris9

Reinhard Sojka reinhard.sojka at parlinkom.gv.at
Fri Oct 27 06:52:04 GMT 2006

hello Scott!

> arcdba-> ./net ads join -U Administrator
> Administrator's password:
>
> Using short domain name -- EARTH
> Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
> the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
> Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
> Disabled account for 'ARCDBA' in realm 'CORP.MDAFEDERAL.COM'
>
> I have checked the DNS, hostname, the fact that smbd is running, etc.
> but have not been able to get this to join the domain.

I had a similar problem on a new Solaris 10 box, but can't remember of
the exact symptoms. The solution was simply to change the entry for the
samba-machine itself in /etc/hosts - the FQDN had to be first name.
Maybe this will work in your case too.

e.g. the realm is "MYDOMAIN.COM", and the hostname of the samba-machine
is "sambahost.mydomain.com"

then the entry for the samba-machine in /etc/hosts should look like
this:

192.168.10.10 sambahost.mydomain.com sambahost

hope this helps,
Reinhard

--
Reinhard Sojka <reinhard.sojka at parlament.gv.at>