[Samba] 3.0.23b domain member not accessible

guayacan cesar.agostini at lmco.com
Wed Oct 25 18:42:51 GMT 2006

- Joined the 3.0.21b SAMBA server to AD as a member server ok.
- From a windows client I can authenticate against AD and access SAMBA
shares via UNC path just fine.
- wbinfo -t returns good trust secret.

The moment I try to connect to same share with "smbclient
//servername/share/ -U myid%mypassword" I start getting
"NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS".

Now ./wbinfo -t returns:
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND (0xc0000233)
Could not check secret

This same scenario happens with 3.0.10 and 3.0.21b.

The winbind log shows:

[2006/10/25 14:30:09, 2] nsswitch/winbindd_pam.c:winbindd_pam_auth_crap(642)
NTLM CRAP authentication for user [DOMAIN]\[myid] returned
NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (PAM: 4)

Restart winbindd processes to no luck.

The only way to get everything back is by rejoining the domain. Ideas ?

smb.conf looks like this:
[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        security = DOMAIN