[Samba] Migration of Samba Accounts to Active Directory

Andrew Hall andyjohnhall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 10:13:10 GMT 2006

 Hi there,

I run Samba 3.0.7 as an "NT4" PDC with about 30 clients - a mix of W2K and
WinXP.

My new boss wants to replace this setup with Active Directory, so our
Sendmail server can be replaced with an Exchange Server. I'm having a crack
at doing this with Windows Server 2003, and following this guide...

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/upgrades.html#id2605434

However, when using the Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) to move a
user account across (checking the "Migrate SID" checkbox) I get this
error...

"Could not verify auditing and TcpipClientSupport on domains. Will not be
able to migrate Sid's. The procedure number is out of range."

I have ensured the Administrator user and password is the same on the 2003
Server and the Samba PDC, and that the user under Samba is a member of the
Domain Admins group using the net groupmap command.

I'm not aware of what else I need to configure?

Can anyone advise me on what I might be doing wrong, apart from moving to
Windows from Linux that is :-)

Thanks very much.