[Samba] Strange Log messages after Samba upgrade

Jim Canfield jcanfield at tshmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:25:53 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I just migrated a SMB-LDAP domain controller from 3.0.10 to 3.0.23c and
I have a two errors showing up in the logs I don't quite understand.

1.  passdb/secrets.c:secrets_restore_schannel_session_info(1042)
secrets_restore_schannel_session_info: Failed to find entry with key
SECRETS/SCHANNEL/WRK120 : 1 Time(s)

2.  rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_net_auth_2(478)  _net_auth2:
creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client WRK120
machine account WRK120$ : 1 Time(s)

It seems these errors occur for every machine account, but domain
login/membership is still working properly. After reading a bit I see
there were some changes enabling credential caching between connections
on 3.0.21.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Jim