[Samba] Vampire and spaces

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Oct 17 16:27:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:34 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm having another go at using the vampire functionality to move our NT4
> domain to samba. I've hit the same problem as 3 years ago - spaces in
> names ( group names for us ). I believe there are some useradd scripts
> floating around that deal with this, but I can't find them ( spent 1/2
> an hour on google, honest ).
>
> Does anyone have one handy? How about adding scripts like this to the
> default samba install?
----
the useradd scripts are part of your *nix distribution. I never had
problems with this because I used LDAP and thus the useradd scripts
weren't part of the equation at all.

If you need to modify the useradd/groupadd scripts used by your
distribution, you might want to ask your distribution for suggestions on
modification.

You might want to add the groups yourself first by creating the posix
groups, and group mapping them to the appropriate Windows name with
spaces but that does defeat some of the vampire simplifications.

Craig