[Samba] Samba with NT4 authentication

Chandra Sornam chandra.sornam at stagecoach.co.nz
Tue Oct 17 03:03:21 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+chandra.sornam=stagecoach.co.nz at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+chandra.sornam=stagecoach.co.nz at lists.samba.org]
On Behalf Of Craig White
Sent: Tuesday, 17 October 2006 1:29 p.m.
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba with NT4 authentication

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 08:43 +1300, Chandra Sornam wrote:
> Have installed Samba 3 on a Linux box with Centos OS to be a file
> server. Getting its authentication from a NT4 PDC. Have created samba
> shares and members of the NT4 PDC group can successfully access the
> group. The only problem is users cannot authenticate their home share
on
> the Linux server.
> A webinfo -r of the domain user gives the uid of the group the user is
> member of. The user can access the share successfully as well.
> Have gone through the smb.conf and other config files, and done
> extensive search on the net to figure out the problem but have hit a
> blank wall. There are no noticeable errors in the log files that I can
> see either.
>
> Regards
>
> CS
>
> Config file as below
>
> [global]
>    workgroup = domain
>         netbios aliases = test
>         server string = test File Server
>         security = DOMAIN
>         password server = scnz-nt02 scnz-nt01
----
how about 'getent passwd' ? does that enumerate the users from winbind?
'getent group' ? does that enumerate the groups from winbind?

if so, does a users uid from winbind match the uid from their 'home'
directory?

Craig

Hi Craig

Thanks for your assistance. How do I check if the getent passwd/group
enumerates against winbind,

Regards

Chandra