[Samba] Best practise when adding AD users from Samba

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon Oct 16 08:45:40 GMT 2006

Hi list,

I've been looking at different ways of adding domain users from Samba.

Right now I have to use different methods which feels really awkward eg:

net ADS user add doesn't work BUT net RPC user add works.
net RPC password doesn't work on the newly created user BUT net ADS
password does?!

I still need to use ldap queries to modify the newly created users
attributes otherwise he/she can't logon.

Is there any one out there who has some info on how this should be
done correctly?

Cheers,
Henrik