[Samba] Samba and MySQL Integration

dazamaz daza_pitaz at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 12 03:32:44 GMT 2006

Hi guys, and gals

I was wondering if it were at all possible to integrate samba with MySQL? I
have created a file server with Samba by creating 1 share and the file
structure under that share. Basically there is the root folder (which is the
share) and then all of the child folders have permissions set to allow (or
deny) access.

I was approached today asking me if it were at all possible for someone to
pull some data out of MySQL and distribute it throughout the file server. I
do not know if this is at all possible, I am thinking no as MySQL is a
program and Samba is a file sharing program meant to share files and
folders.

Anyway, your help on this would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers
dazamaz