[Samba] Domain Groups missing

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Sun Oct 15 10:14:48 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my samba domain servers, they do no longer
show the domain or local groups.

I run three debian sarge machines as samba domain controllers (samba
version is 3.0.23c) with an ldap backend in master/slave configuration.
getent group shows all the groups, net groupmap list shows all the
groups but net rpc info outputs:

Domain Name: GOTTINGER
Domain SID: S-1-5-21-1446910239-1605792192-310601177
Sequence number: 1160906670
Num users: 63
Num domain groups: 0
Num local groups: 0

On a w23k server acting as a fileserver the security settings for
folders still show the assigned domain groups and they are still
working. But i can not add new domain groups.
Additionaly NT4 server management for users does no longer show the
groups. I can add a new group and get an access denied warning but the
group shows up in getent group afterwards.
I'm not sure if this behavior is related to the update to 3.0.23c, i
think i added a new folder and modified access rights on the w2k server
after the update.
Any clues what can cause this behavior?

Thx
achim~