[Samba] open(2) O_DIRECT on smbmount gives EINVAL

Andrew Chernow samba at esilo.com
Sun Oct 15 03:22:25 GMT 2006

I tried this but got the same results, EINVAL?

mount.cifs //machine/share /cifstest \
   -o username=xxx,password=xxx,directio,rw,noperm,soft

Is the samba client utils, like smbmount and mount.cifs, supposed to support
O_DIRECT?  There is mention of it in release notes, mostly samba4.  Wondering if
I need a patch or something.

andrew