[Samba] PLEASE HELP - MAC NEWBIE - MAC OS X 10.4.8 (Intel) - Bus Error

James Peach jorgar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:33:49 GMT 2006

On 11/10/06, Dan <samba at the-rusty-nail.com> wrote:
> I was able to get things to compile but with warnings of "unrecognized
> option '--pie'".

Add --disable-pie to your configure line. Unfortunately configure
tests generally
can't detect warnings, so -pie gets enabled when it probably shouldn't be.

> When I run things I still can not login to shares and
> when I run smbclient I get a "Bus Error".  Could this be related to the
> compile warnings?  Maybe a gcc thing? I don't see any glibc files on the
> system.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Here is the output from the
> smbclient:

This smells like a bug. When this happens, smbclient should drop a
core file in /cores. It will be called /cores/core.$pid. Can you use
gdb to get a stack trace of where it crashes?

James Peach | jorgar at gmail.com