[Samba] Samba 3.0.23c, ACL and Debian Sarge

schönfeld / in-medias-res schoenfeld at in-medias-res.com
Thu Oct 12 10:31:47 GMT 2006

Hi there,

Guillaume Riviere schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> I search for the packages of samba for GNU/Debian sarge
> with acl compiled inside.

the default sarge packages aswell as the enterprise samba packages *do*
have acl support compiled into. I currently have a setup with ACLs
running here. :-)

> In fact I did try the 2 links provided by the web site but it still
> doesn't work ACL and Samba 2.0.23c
> (samba.org and entreprisesamba.org). This is an upgrade from the
> 3.0.14a, with this version the ACL
> support was ok. No it doesn't work anymore (Samba only see the basic
> rigths).

Did you check that your mounts are acl-enabled? E.g. what das mount say?
How is your samba configured? Does it work under debian as expected?

Greets
Patrick