[Samba] Architecture VPN and Samba with ADS 2003 help needed

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Thu Oct 12 09:13:14 GMT 2006

Well, I can't recall I've seen that ADS is unstable.
If you have a Win 2003 PDC which is using kerberos (it uses kerberos
per default so if you havn't changed it you are using kerberos)
then you can make your samba servers members of the domain using ADS
and kerberos to get Single Sign ON through the kerberos tickets.

Of course it won't solve your problem with the W2003 server going down.

Regarding winbind offline mode as I understand it, it should be
possible for a computer which is using cached credentials to access
the shares.

I would check with the samba developers as there is very little info
regarding this in the docs.

cheers