[Samba] Can I provide Samba file sharing to machines on many subnets

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Wed Oct 11 04:17:50 GMT 2006

stan escreveu:
> I need to be able to provide a Samba file share for machines
> on a number of different subnets to use to store data on
>
> Is this feasible?

Yes, it is.

> If so, what do I need to do to acomplish this?

The same thing that you need to do to configure a server for only one
subnet + configure a WINS server.
If you have any question about your config you can ask it here, besides
that I can only recommends that you read the official documentation, the
Samba By Example book has a lot of examples.

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto