[Samba] Re: Can't access to share disk by XP pro neighboring with samba 2.2.12

ssnoopy at club-internet.fr ssnoopy at club-internet.fr
Tue Oct 10 09:57:19 GMT 2006

Hello !

thanks you very must for your response.

If I uses : 'security =share', the neighboring in XP pro do not work,
and by mounting a network drive, I have a dialog box asked
login/password but I can not access it.

An idea for this problem ?

I forget to notice that my old smb.conf run well with 2000 Pro and XP
Home.

I knows that using the guest account mapped to root user. But is it a
real problem to a good use of samba server ? I want only use a
experimental network, so...

Best regards