[Samba] Samba as PDC, LDAP-based authentication for windows & linux clients

schönfeld / in-medias-res schoenfeld at in-medias-res.com
Mon Oct 9 07:53:43 GMT 2006

Hi there,

Cybionet schrieb:
> No just one LDAP directory work great for the Windows and Linux Client.

thanks for that answere. Found some howtos around telling me the same,
but seems like i anyways need to store two hashes. Who cares. Anyways
thats a good reason to start off :-))

>> 2. I know that windows users can change there password on the windows
>> terminalserver. But how do the linux users do?
>  I must admit that I don't success password change if your Samba+LDAP
> server use 'sambaPwdMustChange' attribute. Otherwise a simple script can
> change password for Linux client on LDAP.

In this howto [1] i read about an howto to change passwords from linux.
But if i store two password hashes (MD4 for NT, MD5 for Windows) - how
do i take care that both changes reflect on both hashes?

> Robert

Patrick

[1] http://homex.subnet.at/%7Emax/ldap/index.php