[Samba] Re: Samba Anonymous LDAP Authentication

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 01:13:22 GMT 2006

Hello Mathew.

You can easily make modifications to the /etc/ldap.conf

Something like this may be what you are after:

#/etc/ldap.conf

host    127.0.0.1 192.168.0.3   <---   note I have 2 ip addresses there, put
in the IP of your master
base    dc=differentialdesign,dc=org
binddn  cn=Manager,dc=differentialdesign,dc=org
bindpw yourpassword

pam_password exop

nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=differentialdesign,dc=org?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=differentialdesign,dc=org?one
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,dc=differentialdesign,dc=org?one
ssl     no

Substitute the appropriate values; however you will need your bindpw.

restart ldap and you should be able to "id username" on the client server.

Thanks,
Adrian Sender.