[Samba] smbd hanging on OS X 10.4.8

nicerobot org.samba at nicerobot.org
Fri Oct 6 18:17:09 GMT 2006

Sure, I run smbd like this, "smbd -i -d 100 -s /etc/smb.conf", yet
startup never completes. It hangs at the point shown below, last line
output is "ROOT/HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/: [Print] (data)".
It happens regardless of how minimal or extravagant my smb.conf is. I've
compared my debugging to the output from Apple's support debugging
output and it definitely appears to be something with printer
configuration yet I've tried every setting I've found that could affect
printer conf and no change.
Thanks