[Samba] XP start menu

mailing at scastagnoli.info mailing at scastagnoli.info
Fri Oct 6 13:14:17 GMT 2006

Hello everyone!
I have Sabma 3 as PDC on a SuSE 10.1.

1)
Using XP Pro I can log the domain but once inside I don't have anything in
the start menu nor if I explicitly tell Windows to put in.
I.e. I cannot insert MSN icon in start menu nor using right click.

2)
Another problem is that on every directory, also on desktop, clicking
right button and trying to create a new object only let me choose between
Folder and Connection voices.
Anyway I can save a txt file with NotePad or other type of files on
desktop and other folders.
This is true for all users expect the first I've created: with that I see
everything all right.

I add users using the YaST wisard and add users to Samba with smbpasswd -a
username.

This is my /etc/samba/smb.conf file:

[global]
        workgroup = Studio