[Samba] Winbindd and getent group problem

Todd Barbera TBarbera at sbli.com
Thu Oct 5 19:24:34 GMT 2006

Hi,

I installed and configured Samba 3.0.23c as a domain member. I am
running winbindd on Solaris 8 Sparc. I am seeing a strange behavior
after the configuration. If I issue a "wbinfo -g" I see all the NT
groups. Likewise, if I issue a "wbinfo -u" I see all the NT users.
Continuing on with a "getent passwd" shows me the combined Unix and NT
accounts, but "getent group" shows me my Unix groups and ONLY the Domain
Admins group. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Thanks.

Todd