[Samba] Re: Horrible write performance from XP to Samba

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 5 16:35:42 GMT 2006

Sebastian Held wrote:

> But the only thing I wanted to show is, that my WinXP has no problems writing
> to a Samba share. Performance is good (at least in my opinion).

... so obviously the problems that I encounter do not occur in all
cases - of course it would be good to know what makes the
difference. I could reproduce the issue on 4 different Samba
servers (with totally different configuration) and with 5
differently configured Windows-XP clients (all XP professional+
SP2) and with different network switches in between ?!

Any clues?