[Samba] wins.dat file

Scott Mecham icedutah at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 20:28:00 GMT 2006

I have stopped nmbd and cleared out the wins.dat file. Then put only
this entry in:
"PCRITSMB#03" 0 10.5.73.101 66R

When I start up nmbd it gets populated and the host PCRITSMB get
assigned 10.5.73.102, instead of what it really is at 10.5.73.101.

This host is also the samba and WINS server.

The problem also started yesterday as we made a change to it's ip
address. It used to be 102 but now it's 101. So how/why would it revert
back to the old ip as far as WINS is concerned?