OT: Re: [Samba] Researching possible windows solutions...

Mark Rutherford mark at maunzelectronics.com
Wed Oct 4 19:48:25 GMT 2006

I have played a little with samba 4 and it looks really promising.
Seems like there is a long way to go with it,
(I'm gathering this from reading
http://us2.samba.org/samba/devel/roadmap-4.0.html)

Granted, this document has not been updated in just over a month, and I
have seen progress
being made as I 'svn up' every day just to see what new thing is
actually working :)

I personally am of the opinion that based on what I see now with samba
4, it will
have a substantial impact on the way we do things now.

I, for one cannot wait.  (well, I have to wait I guess :D)