[Samba] I have to keep removing and readding systems to my domain:

Aravinda Guzzar aguzzar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:00:26 GMT 2006

Hi,

>>>Could someone point me to a good news reader and ould someone point me to
a good news reader andthe settings to use it on the archives? the settings
to use it on the archives?

Lately I have become a huge fan of Mozilla products. So even though there
are plenty of news readers viz. Netscape, Outlook express etc. I suggest you
download Mozilla Thunderbird from http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/ or
http://getthunderbird.com (both should take you to the same location.

After installing go to the Manage my accounts provide the below details

servername:    news.gmane.org
port 119

give any name for the account and in the "show items that contain" box enter
"samba", "cifs" etc. and this provides you various newsgroup as below where
you can download.

gmane.network.samba.general
gmane.network.samba.cvs
gmane.network.samba.internals

Please install the latest version i.e. available i.e. 3.0.23c from samba.org.
Huge number of problems have been solved in the latest releases. You will
also get lot of features with the new releases.

--
HTH
Aravinda