[Samba] Researching possible windows solutions...

Jonathan Johnson jon at sutinen.com
Wed Oct 4 15:30:11 GMT 2006

I assume you mean an implementation of Samba? I haven't heard of one,
but maybe there is.

I take it that you don't want to learn UNIX, and don't want to pay for
Microsoft Windows Server Client Access Licenses? :-) Read your EULA for
Windows XP; it may specifically prohibit this sort of implementation. I
don't know, I've never read it. I just clicked "I Accept."

This would necessitate turning off the "server" service in Windows,
otherwise it would conflict with Samba.

-Jon