[Samba] Samba 3.0.23c memory usage increased ten fold to over 70Mb / smbd process

Duncan B. Brannen dbb at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 17:38:13 GMT 2006

Thanks,

I've noticed prstat sometimes claim that much more RAM is being used
than the machine physically has.  I wonder if it's a bug in Solaris'
prstat that it claims the 70M+ is resident (RSS) or is my understanding
of the meaning of RSS flawed.  Watching vmstat, the machine isn't paging
at all, so I guess it's not as memory bound as it looks.

I guess a 60/70M connections.tdb file isn't anything to worry about then?

Any idea how to persuade the BDCs to pick up some of the load anyway or
do I just ahve to wait until the PDC is getting loaded?

Cheers,
      Duncan