[Samba] Two domains on one network?

Roger Merritt mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th
Tue Oct 3 09:40:23 GMT 2006

I feel I should know the answer to this, but I wanted to verify. I have a
bunch of Windows PC's running Win 2K Pro, on three subnetworks. Two of the
subnets are served by Unix (FreeBSD) boxes running NATD, but all are joined
to a domain being run on a Win 2K Pro server in another building on the
campus. So far I haven't joined the two Unix boxes to the domain.

I'd like to experiment with setting one of the FreeBSD boxes up as a
Primary Domain Controller to experiment with LDAP and roaming profiles. I
may be going to a new job next year where I can either do it in FreeBSD or
some version of Windows, and if I can master the tools in FreeBSD I'd
rather. Does this sound feasible? Does it sound like a bad idea? Are there
tools to set group policies on Windows boxes from/through Samba?

--
Roger