[Samba] eDirectory vs Samba+OpenLDAP

creature gijon creature.gijon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 07:52:46 GMT 2006

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for reading this and thanks for helping!

I have the following scenario:

One eDirectory (which I can't modify anything on it) and in the other hand
one OpenLDAP compiled as an OpenLDAP proxy working together with Samba. The
users do not have accounts in the server with OpenLDAP+Samba, all their
information is stored in the eDirectory.

The primary question is, how could I map the login passwords stored in
eDirectory vs. the login passwords from Samba? It's possible doing this? If
anyone knows any document that could help in this configuration, please, let
me know.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro