[Samba] fully qualified usernames ??

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.infos.ru
Mon Oct 2 11:56:34 GMT 2006

Dear Robert,
> So far so good I know what I have to do still I don't quite
> understand why the member server is no longer able to
> identify the user connecting.

> So winbindd identifies joe all right even without the DOMAIN
> prefix. Why does this no longer work for shares on the member
> server that have
> The member server gets its local users and groups via ldap.

Do you use groups to identify users which are allowed to read from
the ***directory*** corresponding to the share in problem?

In other words, what are the permissions for that directory?
I ask this because there is a bug in Samba which causes incorrect handling
of domain groups.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov