[Samba] Auth Problem

Marian Neagul marian at info.uvt.ro
Mon Oct 2 09:57:16 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem related to user authentication: Users can not login from
Windows workstations.

I get the following error:

"The system could not log you in. Make sure your User Name and domain are
correct then type your password again."

Users can access shares, they are prompted for a user and password and it is
ok. The same user and password does not work for login.

What could be the problem? I've posted the logs and smb.conf  at
http://www.info.uvt.ro/~neagul/samba/

I want to mention that the server is a production server and was hit by a
hardware failure. :-( I restored everything but it doesn't work.

Thank you!

Marian Neagul